Our Aquino and Kormoran range benefit from
- Optimised hull shapes to reduce fuel consumption,
- Generous headroom,
- Ample storage space in accessible cupboards and drawers,
- A wet room per cabin in our standard version.
The Kuhnle yard focuses on continual improvement. The regular feedback our group charter company provides enables us to review and improve our boats performance and specification - this has ensured that we now offer advanced, low maintenance houseboats and motor yachts.
Due to the incremental improvements we now have a fleet that is ideal for inland waters, and approved for protected marine waters.
For those who need a bit of luxury. Techincally refined with 2 cabins.Aquino
This sport boat is easy to manoeuvre.more information
advantages of house boats
In the Kormoran and Aquino series, almost every wish you could have for a boat can be fulfilled. Why? The reason can be found in the development history: the Kormoran was developed in the 1990s as a charter boat for inland waters. Charter entrepreneur Harald Kuhnle commissioned yacht designer Peter Sonntag to design a perfect charter boat. Mr. Kuhnle made great demands:
- the cabins should be equivalent (no dog bunks or slip cabins without headroom).
- the galley should be largely as on land (four-burner cooker, large refrigerator, hot and cold running water, plenty of work space)
- each cabin should have its own bathroom with shower, toilet and washbasin.
- the boat should be easy enough to manoeuvre so that even beginners can manage it well
- it should have an inside and an outside steering position
- the technical equipment had to be robust, easily accessible and easy to understand
- the interior should be easy to clean
When the designer Peter Sonntag presented the first drafts, it was quickly clear that Mr. Kuhnle had commissioned the right person: all criteria were fulfilled and in addition, the new boat with dark wood, brass and the ponderous hull came along in a traditional look that made every nautiphile's heart beat faster.
The Kormoran also passed the test in the hard everyday charter business with success. Over the years, the Kormoran has been further developed, so that today you can choose between four boat sizes (9.40 metres, 11.40 metres, 12.80 metres, 12.90 meters and 15 metres long). Starting with the Kormoran series, the Aquino series was developed in 2009 together with designer Nils Fuhrmann. This is a boat layout that does not reveal its finesse at first glance and, thanks to the deliberately asymmetrical layout, has room for every comfort on board.
Individually designed boats
Of course, you can adapt the boat layout or individual elements to suit you best: Instead of a transverse berth, a desk? Extra sockets? A connection for the washing machine or dryer? More electronics? Underfloor heating? Air conditioning?
All this and more can be built into a new Kormoran from the shipyard. With its own construction department and experts in all areas of boat building. the Kuhnle shipyard can fulfil just about any special request. You will find suggestions on the following pages. Let nature inspire you, sketch your dream - we will build your boat.
The Kormoran and Aquino range offers a wide range of options, the focus being to meet all your needs in one of the designs.
Developed in the 1990s the Cormorant was oprtimised to be a charter boat on an inland waterways. Harald Kuhnle a charter boat entrepreneur, commissioned the yacht designer Peter Sonntag to design the perfect charter boat. Kuhnle specified what made a great charter boat for inland waters:
- all cabins should be similar in size e.g. similar headroom.
- the kitchen should largely be as it is on land (gas stove, large refrigerator, hot and cold running water, ample work surface)
- where possible each each cabin should have it's own wet room with shower, toilet and sink
- the boat should be easy to maneuver, even for beginners
- it should have an indoor and outdoor helm
- technical equipment must be robust, easy to access and simple to understand
- the interior should be easy to clean
From the first draft, Kuhnle knew he had hired the right guy. All the criteria had been met and the traditional appearance with dark wood and brass is appealing to all. Over time the Cormorant has continued to be developed and today there are four boat sizes to choose from (9.4, 11.4, 12.8 and 15 meters long).
In 2009, using the Cormorant as a starting point, the designer Nils Fuhrmann developed the Aquino series. The boat layout has real finesse and looks to accommodate every on-board comfort.
We develop custom boats and when doing so we offer existing floor plans or you can select individual elements to work with your own ideas. Perhaps instead of more cupboards you want a desk? Extra electrical points? A connection for the washing machine or dryer? Underfloor heating? Air conditioning? Our shipyard has its own design department and specialists in all areas of boat building. Have a look through our website for ideas and let yourself be inspired. Sketch your dream - and we will build your boat.
back to the overview >>